Sunday, December 18, 2011

...and I'm Not, But if I Were....

...what the hell would I write about? I don't generally read people's blogs. My brother (one year older) started blogging. I decided one day to see what he writes about. "I'll give it a momentary look..." Over an hour later, I thought, "That's pretty cool."
He writes about this and that. He writes some things that are quite poignant, some things that bring back memories from our youth, some things that I find a bit unnecessary -- just stuff. And I liked it. He has always had the ability to write, and I liked it.
I have also read the blogging of a girl (lady, woman, female - what the hell) whom I know. She is 20few and has a very different outlook on life. Some to my liking; some not so much, I read her, and I like it.
So I figure, "Why not?"  If I write something that makes sense... cool. If I write something that pisses someone off... cool. If I write, and no one ever reads it... that's cool, too. (I'm pretty sure my wife will read it - that "blind love" kinda thing.)
I suppose I'll put the disclaimer paragraph here -- Mom & Dad... If you read these ramblings (that blog name was taken, hence why I chose Brain Farts), please do not be offended by what I write. Though I don't plan to say things that will be offensive or upsetting, I can make no guarantees. Know that I love you and will TRY to be tempered in my stuff (Yeah, OK). To my friends and acquaintances, same thing. Read it, like it. hate it, bite me!
This will be the chance for me to say what I want. Maybe, just maybe, someone will like what they read and will tune in again next time. You'll hear a lot of old phrases and sayings in my ramblings. You know why? Because I can.
I hope it will be a fun ride. We'll see.  I CAN tell you that if you will go with me, you just might laugh, you just might enjoy a tear, and you'll certainly hear me bitch from time to time!

Now... how do you close one of these things??

No comments:

Post a Comment