Sunday, October 13, 2024

...About Time Passing

Wow! It's been a good while since I've posted, so I guess it's about time to get back at it. There's not been a ton happening, though things have been going along. Make sense? My father used to say, "There's something to be said for being in a comfortable rut." I truly agree with that. We just go along and try to keep afloat. 

It's really hard to believe it's been 4 years since I've visited here. I suppose Covid, and changes caused by it, would be the expected topic, but not for me. Knew a lot of people who had it, a number who died, and had it on a small scale myself. I try to give it no room in my brain. It doesn't deserve it. 

Speaking of my father, I never wrote about losing both of my parents. Dad first, then Mom 2 years after. They lived long, wonderful lives together, and I know they are together in Heaven. I love them and miss them deeply every day, even though they've been gone now for several years. 

My daughter Elizabeth is engaged to a wonderful fella. I couldn't be happier! He makes her happy, which makes me happy, which means everyone gets to keep breathing! I am so excited about their wedding in the coming months. 

Fortunately, my wonderful wife has resisted the urge to kill me in my sleep! Though I know it can't be easy, that's always a good thing. 

My buddy Mark is doing well. He's now a grandfather to a beautiful little girl who turns him into warm, watery pudding. It's pretty damn funny! 

There are some stories to tell and we will get to those as we go along together again. Let's just not make it so long between visits! 



.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment