Sunday, March 30, 2014

...About Social Stupidity

You know, I've been putting this off for a while now, but time is up.  I just can't stand it any longer. It is absolutely ridiculous how many people post one thing after another on social media sites, hoping it will garner large attention, with either HUGE mistakes or just plain STUPID thought. 

Being one of those who reads things for exactly what they say, I am constantly amazed by the lack of attention paid by people making public statements. With the worldwide popularity of Facebook, it just becomes easier and easier for people to be in the public vision. Most of them should not be. 

We begin our look at this foolishness with a post from Facebook. Let's look at several examples of stupid in one poster: 
A.) OK... I will let the artistic freedom flow and overlook that it is in all lowercase; 
B.) Sister Johanna would smack me wall-eyed if I ever spelled God with a lowercase "G." Artistic license or not; 
C.) Sister Damien (not as physically torturous as Sister Johanna) would very pointedly correct me if I spelled a personal pronoun reference to God with a lowercase "H;" 
D.) We are given a period in sentence 1, but not in sentence 2; 
E.) I don't suppose God would appreciate a 120 second deadline; and 
F.) I don't suppose He would consider any miracle a "fav."
Stupid people... Not just once, twice!!    

  


This next one is certifiable proof that my wife doesn't love me. It must be true... She didn't make this next poster her status. 





My dad is, obviously, the laziest, non-caring, most slacking mean jerk ever on the face of the planet - all because I didn't post this.  (My father is not on Facebook.) 




My favorite type of stupidity is next. Because we aren't given a comma for clarity, she is saying that "heat assists in reducing weight problems because it makes things expand." We certainly know that what she meant was, "Since heat makes things expand, I'm not heavy, I'm expanded." 



Now before we go any further, let me be very clear. I have the greatest mother, father, siblings, wife, friends, life, etc. in the world. I wish everyone could be as fortunate as I have been. I am also very cool with people posting their belief in and love for God. More and more of that can only be a good thing. I just choose not to post those types of things. It's a personal choice kinda thing. But… I digress! 

Having set the tone of what we're talking about, I will simply share a few more and let you enjoy the stupidity.




My Mmother would be appreciative. 




So much stupidity… so little time. 





I am not trying to be holier-than-thou, or smarter-than-thou, or anything-elser-than-thou. I just get aggravated at people who continually post things with such glaring, ridiculous mistakes. 

Up to this point, I have been complaining about this circumstance from a social media standpoint. Sadly, it is prevalent everywhere. Listen to the news, watch your favorite sitcom, go to church, listen to politicians speak. It's all over and, from what I can tell from many, many of my friends, it's making all of us want to run through the streets screaming, "PLEASE use a damn comma!"  "It's 'ME'… everyone was happy for him and ME!"  "You SAW him… you didn't SEEN him!"  

For many years, people in other countries have put down our country for the way we talk and the way our language works. "Why is there a difference between 'tear' and 'tear'?"  With the brutal way in which so many people butcher the language grammatically, both in speaking and in writing, it's no surprise anyone outside the country would be confused. Hell, obviously the people who were born and raised here are confused! 



.

No comments:

Post a Comment